Change font size
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Defiance
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am 
Boss

Sex: Male
How did you find out about SI Radio?: I own this beatch
Anyone playing? What are your impressions?

I'm pretty jaded these days in terms of MMO's having invested so much time and effort into games which ended up being crap or being cancelled early on (RIP Auto Assault!) - so a little apprehensive about jumping into something which is going to rely somewhat on the success of the tie-in TV show

Post subject: Re: Defiance
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 am 
News & Audio Manager

Sex: Male
How did you find out about SI Radio?: purely by chance
Ha! I beta tested Auto Assault....

Defiance is a lot of fun, gameplay itself isn't strikingly original. At it's core it's very much a third person co-op shooter. We've seen this kind of thing done before, many times and it does feel very comfortable and solid as that. It even strangely feels comfortable and solid as that from the FPS style of gameplay even though it isn't.

It is however an MMO with levelling for yourself, your powers, your individual weapons and your driving, so it is a lot more customisable when you get to the inner workings of your character than you'd first think. And as an MMO does have a spark of individuality.

It dares to be different as an MMO while being a very familiar feeling third person shooter, and even the driving sections have done the unthinkable and feel decent with WSAD keys, which I find very rare.

Pretty much, if you like shooters and like MMOs you'll get a good kick out of it, if you like just one of the genres it's worth a punt as well just to see what all the fuss is about, but all in all, very solid, a lot of fun and no subscriptions either.

Oh, and as for the "pay to win" ethos with the microtransactions I've not seen any evidence of it. You can buy stuff with real money but can't really see any advantage of it, so it even seems fair to poorer or in my case cheap arse gamers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:15 am 
SI Saturated

Sex: Female
How did you find out about SI Radio?: long story
Tried it in Beta wasn't too impressed with the game primarily the controls on the PC so not sure how it plays on console didn't wow me enough to invest in buying it ... the show on Syfy however is pretty good ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 pm 
Is this thing on?

Sex: Female
I tried it in Beta & was like meh .. but decided to give it another go recently and it's not half bad as far as f2p goes

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]