It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 55   [ 550 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 55  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:00 pm 
Oh it *IS* on!

Procurator wrote:
Oi! what's wrong with Southampton? :P

My family lives there... its crowded... polluted... and theres a lot of people there who just don't know the meaning of the word "polite." (at least, thats my experience with the place.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:02 pm 
MxO Community Team Rep
MxO Community Team Rep

Sex: Male
Yeah, well, head north slightly to Chandler's Ford. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:12 pm 
Oh it *IS* on!

Procurator wrote:
Yeah, well, head north slightly to Chandler's Ford. :P

Never been there, assume its a lot better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:27 am 
Keen Fingers

Hi! New to the forums but have been listening for about a month now. Got hooked by a friend and now am trying to install WinAmp on the work laptop so I can listen at work. and not have to be without the station for 8 hours . .stupid corporate types who seem to think they have to lock down the computers. . .

Anyhoo, love the station keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:19 am 
Forum Poltergeist

Welcome Firecat. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm 
Boss

Firecat, we have recently changed our radio server due to technical issues, and with that chance we changed our server's port from 8015 (a usually non standard port for streaming readio) to 8000 (the most widely used one for that purpose).

It might be the case that in your corporate network, the administrator has blocked incoming/outgoing ports of services other than e-mail, web browsing and perhaps ftp (that's ports 25/110, 80 and 21).

You can use whatever player you want to tune in, although we strongly suggest a player that supports mp3PRO (this will boost the audio quality significantly). Winamp supports it through a plugin that can be found at http://www.mp3prozone.com . Recently, another player has been brought to my attention (thanks r3m0) that has mp3pro decoding support (without the need for an extra plugin). Get the basic (free) version here: http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/

If you can't tune in from work, I guess you'll have to "bug" your network administrator to open the port 8000 for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:40 am 
Keen Fingers

Thanks for the welcome and the tips! Sadly I'm only friendly with the software/application developers I work with. The network admins will probably laugh in my face.

I'll see if I can get WinAmp to work. Thanks again for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:24 am 
Station Management

Welp seeing how I'm a new DJ around here I just wanted to formally introduce myself. The handle is Pyroclasam, I'm Canadian and what drew me to SI Radio initially was all of the DJs I recognised from the Syntax server and whos sets I enjoyed listening too.

I'm too tired to think of any more and have it seem coherant so I'll leave it at that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:39 am 
Is this thing on?

Well, I guess this is the formal introduction then. I'm Prospekt, obviously, also known as Aleph. I was turned on to SI by Peer from Subnova and eventually became hooked. Love the music, love the concept, love the IRC channel. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:47 am 
Oh it *IS* on!

Hey there all. I'm new to Si, I was introduced by one of your DJ's who happened to join our GirlzGameToo.com forum. I was a DJ on Guam for a few months and Loved it! I am interested in being a DJ for SI Radio because I think it would be a fantastic working experience. I would love to just be able to play what I want without the pressure of having a set playlist that you get yelled at if you mess with. If you need anymore DJ's please let me know! Hopefully you guys will say yes and then I can be DJ Gravity! That would be killer! Anyhoo, just let me know if I can be interviewed or audition for you. I have a great collection of cd's just waiting to be sucked into my PC. Thanks again.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 55   [ 550 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 55  Next