It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 15   [ 147 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: D&D game
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:50 pm 
On Air Personality

Sex: Female
How did you find out about SI Radio?: iTunes Listing
So since there is interest in trying to get a D&D game, I am making this forum post, in addition to the facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/983226708405008/)

Put your ideas and thoughts here and I will cross reference the two.

Please keep in mind that aMusic has talked about getting rid of these forums, so we may need a new contact point in the near future.

Post subject: Re: D&D game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:07 pm 
Oh it *IS* on!

Sex: Male
How did you find out about SI Radio?: Itunes
Sorry I didn't talk to you yesterday but I had to go to bed before work.

I am interested in playing, but if you have to many players I will sit out for some else. I have not played in years but when I did I knew 3, 3.5 and pathfinder very well, even memorized page numbers. I can play any class any role do what ever the party needs of me so let the other players pick what they want first. I very much prefer pathfinder to 3.5 but what ever is fine although I may ask for somethings from pathfinder up to DM if they allow or not. I have never played online so I don't know how that works.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:53 pm 
Oh it *IS* on!

How did you find out about SI Radio?: Itunes
The steam SIradio group forum could be used instead of hosting our own. Also I thought the other day people were talking about roll20 is what we'd use.

Any way what I need to know is when we'd be gaming? Who else is playing? How to contact them? What class/ role they want to play? And how playing online works as I have only ever played in real life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:33 pm 
On Air Personality

How did you find out about SI Radio?: iTune Radio list
Darkpotato wrote:
The steam SIradio group forum could be used instead of hosting our own. Also I thought the other day people were talking about roll20 is what we'd use.

Any way what I need to know is when we'd be gaming? Who else is playing? How to contact them? What class/ role they want to play? And how playing online works as I have only ever played in real life.

I'm interested, and a first time player.
Listener "Warmarshall" has been very helpful is educating me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:10 pm 
Oh it *IS* on!

How did you find out about SI Radio?: An ingame event.
I would be interested, though I am in the european timezone.
From other D&D groups I know that it can be challenging enough to match up the schedules of 5 or 6 people in 1 timezone, I imagine it gets even harder if you go international.

So if I get left out because of planning issues, I'd understand.

I also hear good things about pathfinder being better than 3.5, while still being very similar.
But have not had enough experience with pathfinder in order to properly compare the 2.

As a player it can be fun to learn a system you have not played before, but as a DM you probably don't want to dive in the deep end too far if you have no idea what you are getting into with pathfinder, and might prefer to stick to whatever you are familiar with.

If the choice does end up being 3.5, would that include any limitations for what kind of expansions books to use with D&D 3.5?
I still have some Summon Swarm Warlock silliness I came up with ages ago when someone complained to me that warlocks where weak, that I wanted to try out but never got the chance to.

[EDIT]
For those wondering how to play online, https://roll20.net/ has a tutorial you can do when you sign up for an account.
Alongside that you need a voice chat so you can communicate the same way you would when face to face.
Fortunately there is an SI Teamspeak server we can use right?

Last edited by Zwets on Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 pm 
Keen Fingers

How did you find out about SI Radio?: A FRIEND
1. i need to know what time we are wanting to play. i would like a scheduled time each week that works for everyone. if a time is better for the rest of ya'll, then i am fine with ya'll picking a DM that can better suit your needs, etc. i think most of the people wanting to play are in Central time zone, according to doragon.

2. DON"T pick your character based on what everyone else is playing.   pick what YOU wanna play, and if the party is unbalanced, oh well.   i dislike it when people force themselves to play something they don't want.

3.  i also don't want to mix systems.  you can use any 3.5 book with a couple exceptions::  NO psionics.  they don't exist in my world.   and the book Tomb of Battle is outlawed.  i will not allow anything from that book.     you will need to pick a core race, but all opening classes are open to you from the books.  all exotic weapons are allowed too  but you will still need to meet the requirements

4. we will be level 1. i am giving everyone 300 gold for their characters. any money left over after buying your equipment can be kept in your characters inventory.

5. please do not plan on your character taking Leadership later down the line. i can handle larger parties, but every character we add to the board slows down the turn rotation.

6. character stats should probably be rolled on our first session together to stay honest, but please prep up what you'd like to play a bit before hand. (this can change if we are willing to trust each other, and save time so that our first session we can just jump in and get started, i'd like everyone's input on preference for that please)

7. alignment rules. this will be a generally a "not evil" campaign. for alignment, my rules are fairly simple. "it is the players responsibility to play their character's alignment in a fashion that will work WILLINGLY with the other members of the party towards the quest line and that their character will have a reason for doing so that is NOT JUST MONEY DRIVEN." (no "neutral-greedy" alignments lol. it's hard to motivate roleplay from characters who don't care about anything except rewards.

if there are more questions, hit me up on here or in the IRC. thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:36 pm 
Listener

How did you find out about SI Radio?: Friend, TSW
totally interested, as per my replies in SI chat, and on Facebook, and when I stalk Marshall at home, peeking in his bedroom window at night...

AST (Alaskan Standard time) is my zone, so figure west coast +1 is me. Thanks for steppign up and offering to GM initially at least, Marshall. Good man, that Marshall. Even if he has a lust for those hotpants...

... Sat, Thurs, Fri work great for me; tuesdays later afternoon/evenings; all other days of week either have games I'm in, games I GM, or stuff I can't get out of. BUT, I don't care what time of day we play, since I'm used to trying to wrangle groups that are west coast/east coast/brits/Aussies all at the same time...so I am flexible as a Stretch Armstrong. :)

Goat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:06 pm 
Keen Fingers

How did you find out about SI Radio?: A FRIEND
another point i wanna mention, i do plan to play a character at the same time. i've DM'd 3.5 for 13 years every week, and my players have never had a complaint in me doing so. if that is a problem, please do not hesitate to mention it. But Dming gets very boring for me if i don't have a character to relate to the situation in game.

i think friday night would work best for me. 9pm or so would be good. opens my schedule up so that i can play late when the session gets good, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:47 pm 
Listener

How did you find out about SI Radio?: Friend
1. Friday or Saturday afternoons would be best for me, because I'm 6-8 hours ahead of everyone in North America.

2. I'd be interested in doing an exotic-weapon fighter type, or possibly a cleric. I also like rogues, but I usually go with variant types, not just the sneaky-stealy-backstabby type ...

3. BOO no psionics! BOO no Tome of Battle! You just don't want us experienced players munchkinning it up :P

4. Good starting level, and a decent chunk of change to begin with ...

5. No problem, but are hirelings allowed?

6. Good for me. What dice do we roll? For most of the games I've played, it's been 4D6 6 times, drop the lowest, arrange stats as you like ...

7. YAY! Should we generate some backstory for our characters?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:20 pm 
On Air Personality

Sex: Female
How did you find out about SI Radio?: iTunes Listing
What day are we aiming for to start the campaign? This weekend? Halloween is the following weekend. What works for the majority of the people.

Also, how does everyone feel about getting contacted by email? I was thinking about using that for remainders about the game, like if we need to push the start time back or something.

I can be contacted directing at creepiz@siradio.fm if anyone has questions.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 15   [ 147 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next